Monday, March 22, 2010
reaction to a student
I saw examples today of a teacher response to a students reaction to a paper grade. How to approach the situation if I were ever to come across. I found that when a student is upset about a grade the best way of handling it is to let the student calm down first and then talk to them...according to the age level. If a youger student were to approach me with a reaction to their paper or grade I would have to help calm them down. I belive that talking out a problem with a student and listening to what the have to say shows the student that you care about there opinion and about them. A great way to get a student to do better is by showing the postive in their writng and incourage them to do better. By telling a student that he or she has did this and that wrong, just points out there faults and may not encourage them to continue writing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment