Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Ray and Strickland

In ray, it talks about writing processes and workshops, it tells how to focus on pieces of writing and the process of writing. I believe that you once you find something to write the battle is fixing up the writing that your message is clear for the reader. In this work shop it deals with breaking down the processes and finding ways as teacher to guide student to find meaningful writing projects.
In writing workshops it is important that student are allowed to create and express idea in their writing. Students are stuck thinking that they have to write a certain way. Allowing them to decide on the topic to write makes them more intrigued about the writing .Bringing a little of what their interested in or something than is important in their lives any allow them to express more freely in writing. It is also important to allow time to write, practice makes perfect and I truly believe that. Also giving the student high expectation on writing that writing is not an option it a must.
The kinds of writing that Ray talks about in the workshop are writing to live and writing a composition. I see that when I write I think as if I am writing to live. I never express myself in writing other then what I am required to do( writing to live). I want to be that teacher that allows freedom in student to choose their topic of writing, to show them it’s just about surviving but about expressing oneself.
In Strickland, the writing workshops are shown in similar light. They both talk about how writing is not engaged in the class. That teacher focuses more on the process of writing rather than the creativity of writing. Both talk about stragies how to write and steps that should be dome, Allowing adequate time to write an students allow the choice to write about a desired topic. Strickland talks about how the response of the teacher of a student’s writing is important to the growth of the writer. I believe that you learn from what you do, if you do not apply you’ll never know how you did. I think that a student that has applied to writing then goes to the teacher to go over it, The teacher may help the student to grow with positive criticism.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with how the students' growth is important to the writer. Good job:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree that students are stuck on always following one style of writing which the teacher normally dicates how to do. I think teachers need to be more open minded. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the idea that students are stuck thinking they have to write a certain way. Students should be encouraged to have freedom in their writing, not stifled.

    ReplyDelete